Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mailbag: Holiday blues

Grape,

I hate my job, I hate my boss and I've had no nibbles at all while job hunting. My co-workers all stab me in the back. Please cheer me up for Christmas.


It could be worse. You could be Tiger Woods.


Grape,

Our station didn't have a Christmas party this year. To me this is beyond cheap. Is this happening everywhere?


Well, yeah. It's an easy way for beancounters to slash ten or twenty grand off the bottom line, but in reality its about the worst thing they could do for morale. However, I'm sure every corporate office had a party.

If that's the case, throw your own.


Grape,

I'm in my first job. My parents keep asking if I've gotten my Christmas bonus yet. When might I receive one?


When someone develops a time machine and you can transport yourself back to 1982.


Grape,

You're always helping us. Just wondering... what do you want for Christmas?


Just pay it forward, guys.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Christmas Parties and Bonuses? Some of your readers have a LOT to learn!