Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wednesday's story ideas

The stock market's annual "Santa Claus" rally. Get a broker to explain it... and should it happen this year?

Holiday weight gain. More people join health clubs around January 1st than any other time of the year. (And if you're stuck working New Year's Day, put this idea in your back pocket.)

Chinese tactics to make us think we're buying American. OK, so I set out to buy some crawfish tails to add to pasta the other day, and I found a package of "Boudreau's crawfish" in the frozen food aisle. Imagine my surprise when I saw "product of China" on the label when I expected the mud bugs would be from Louisiana.

Boston's Big Dig is finally done after many years... which brings up the question of cost overruns for public projects. What are some projects that never seem to get finished in your market?

Last minute tax strategies. Sell loser stocks, charity donations, etc.

No comments: