Okay, boys and girls, time to help you deal with the "life is not fair" aspects of the business. So let's play a little game involving some of the household names you see on television.
If you've ever said, "How the heck did that person get that job?" well, you're not alone.
This might help explain some of it.
1. Anderson Cooper is known for his CNN talk show and his appearances on 60 Minutes. (Along with hosting the reality program The Mole.) Who is Anderson Cooper's mother? Hint: Her name might be on something hanging in your closet.
2. Sean McManus is the President of CBS News. His famous father was a major household name for many years in the world of sports. Name him.
3. Joe Buck is the lead play-by-play announcer for Fox on both baseball and football. What is his father's name, and which team was he associated with?
4. Political commentator Cokie Roberts knows her politics because both her parents served in the House of Representatives. Who are they?
5. Fox's Chris Wallace is the son of what famous hardball CBS reporter?
6. ESPN's Jeremy Schapp learned about sports from his dad. Name him.
7. Before Maria Shriver became the first lady of California, she was a network reporter. She is the niece of what US President?
8. CBS anchor and host of Big Brother Julie Chen is married to someone who works in broadcasting. Name him.
9. Sportscaster Chip Caray is the son of a sportscaster and the grandson of a sportscaster. Name them.
10. Long time New York anchor Pia Lindstrom was not nearly as famous as her mother, who stars in the classic movie Casablanca. Name her mother.
1. Anderson Cooper's mom is Gloria Vanderbilt, the heiress (yes, THAT Vanderbilt family) who has a line of clothing.
2. Sean McManus is the son of longtime Wide World of Sports host Jim McKay, whose real name was Jim McManus.
3. Joe Buck's dad was longtime St. Louis Cardinal and CBS Sports announcer Jack Buck. (He's the guy calling Mark McGwire's 62nd home run.)
4. Cokie Roberts parents, Hale and Lindy Boggs, served as representatives from Louisiana.
5. Chris Wallace's dad is the worlds best interviewer, Mike Wallace.
6. Jeremy Schapp's dad is the late Dick Schapp, longtime New York and ESPN sportscaster.
7. Maria Shriver is the daughter of Eunice Kennedy, JFK's sister.
8. Julie Chen is the wife of CBS President Les Moonves.
9. Chip Caray is the son of longtime Braves announcer Skip Caray, and the grandson of legendary Cubs announcer Harry "Holy Cow" Caray.
10. Pia Lindstrom's mother was actress Ingrid Bergman. Her sister is actress Isabella Rosselini.
So, feel better?