Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pulling an end run on the resume tape police

I always had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing when upper management would tell me, "You know, some of your staffers are making resume tapes in the edit booths."

Wow, stop the presses. I had no idea.

Amazingly, these people think that forbidding the making of resume tapes will actually stop people from making them, as if we're afraid the resume tape police will send us to Guantanamo. They fail to realize that we're pretty resourceful when it comes to breaking out of hell.

Anyway, I had to do a little editing project recently and stumbled onto some free software that might help you guys who are trying to edit stuff from DVDs.

I had to pull some video from a DVD and someone turned me onto a program called "MPEG Streamclip." This couldn't be easier. You simply download it, click on "open DVD" under the file menu, and set your in and out points. Then send your video to whatever editing program you need. Here's the website:

http://www.squared5.com/

Take that, resume tape police.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You always talk about web sites to watch other people's resume tapes. What are some of the links?