Saturday, March 20, 2010

Join the resistance!

Grape,

I just signed up as a follower. What does "join the resistance" mean?



Well, that's a line from a photog. Many moons ago we changed News Directors, going from a good guy to just the opposite. One of the photogs used to run around saying, "Join the resistance!" It's a reference to resistance fighters down through history; people who have banded together to right wrongs. We would do passive aggressive stuff, like hiding the ashtrays in the newsroom or putting bogus stories on the assignment board. (My all time favorite was "UFO landing/economic impact.") Any little thing to drive the guy nuts.

So I figured if you're a follower on this site, you're of the mindset that requires you to always do what is right and fight the forces of evil out there. Hence, we're starting our own little resistance and changing the world in a small way.

Funny, when I got a note from the blog people that I could start this follower thing, I really didn't know what it was but figured it might be fun and that young people enjoy that sort of thing. Now I actually get a kick out of seeing those smiling faces (along with that bottom row of people in the witness protection program.)

Tell you what... when it hits 100 followers I'll give away a free critique to some lucky follower. So join the resistance!

3 comments:

BeauBerman said...

witness protection program... haha

turdpolisher said...

reeistance is futile.

Randy Tatano said...

Great. Comments from the Borg.