2. Show, don't tell.
3. Find a point of view that makes the piece unique. If your story has multiple sides, find the third side.
4. Put yourself in the viewers' place and ask the questions they want asked.
5. Write in and out of your video and nat sound breaks.
6. Don't interview the obvious people.
7. Make your standup bridge integral to the story.
8. Don't sensationalize the story.
9. If you're shooting with a photog, discuss the story before you begin.
10. Remember to follow up. If it's a sweeps story, chances are it's interesting enough to warrant a follow up.
(And in case you hadn't guessed