Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Help for sportscasters

Long time readers of this blog know I'm a big baseball and football fan, and, tomorrow being opening day, that my six months of agita (Italian for heartburn) provided by the New York Mets will begin.

I've also mentioned that of all the jobs in broadcasting, the most fun, the one with the biggest rush, is doing play-by-play.

Several years ago I was fortunate enough to call a lot of games with an incredibly talented partner named Chris Coraggio. Chris, also a long suffering Mets fan from New York, eventually took his talent to a major market, spending a decade as a sports anchor in Phoenix.

Anyway, Chris has started a mentoring business and written a book (I know, this sounds familiar) for sportscasters. He, like me, believes there's a ton of stuff they don't teach you in college.

If you're already doing sports or in college hoping for a career, check out his website.

http://realworldsportscasting.com/

Chris is a great guy I've known for nearly twenty years and he could teach you a lot. Besides, his last name ends in a vowel.

-

No comments: