Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random thoughts

Well, I guess someone at Fox heard me... they're not carrying Obama's primetime speech. The ratings should be really interesting, though Fox is airing something called "Lie to Me" (pretty ironic since it will appear opposite a political speech... is that a little tweak at the White House?) But if American Idol had been up against the Prez it would have really raised some eyebrows when the numbers came in.... and possibly made the other networks think about changing their policy.

Was your station one of those that went into "sky is falling" mode over the swine flu? I happened to be flipping around the dial and noted that our market's "everyone hide under the bed" station had declared Defcon One. I guess I'm supposed to run out to Home Depot and buy duct tape so I can seal myself into my home like the Seinfeld bubble boy.

Good news! Another of my clients got a job offer yesterday! And another is on an interview this week! Things may actually be moving again.

If you have a contact at a station and you're applying for a job, ask that person if you can mail the tape to them and have them walk it into the NDs office. Much more effective than having your tape be one out of hundreds.

Tired of not getting feedback on your tape? Try this old trick...include a self addressed stamped postcard with your tape and ask the ND for feedback. You might actually get some.

One look at the poll on the right side of this page made me just shake my head. Will you people please take time for lunch?

2 comments:

turdpolisher said...

we just hired a reporter. boss says corporate is still committed to no lay-off. no furloughs.

Randy Tatano said...

Hey, good news on both the hire and the comment from corporate.