Monday, April 19, 2010

The package clinic is open

Okay, we're going to try something different. I've heard from a bunch of people who say they read all kinds of suggestions yet still aren't "getting it" when it comes to package construction.

So here's the deal... Send me the script of a package that you felt missed the mark. Take out your name and location, because we're going to post examples. List the video and nat breaks that you have available. And tell me what you'd like to have done with the package that didn't work out.

I'll "re-package" your story so that you can see how things might have turned out differently.

The clinic won't be open forever, so fire away. Send all materials to tvnewsgrapevine@gmail.com. I'll be waiting with the red pen.

2 comments:

Kirsten Bennett said...

I'm a student at Elon University and was wondering if you have had any package scripts sent yet. I would love to see what you would do differently with some professional pieces.

Randy Tatano said...

Nope, not a single one.

The red pen must scare people.