Monday, September 6, 2010

Quick tip

Okay, I've now received three DVDs in a row that won't play in my computer. I got one to play in my living room and two on my old portable DVD player.

When sending out DVDs, it's a good idea to check them on a few different computers or DVD players to make sure they'll play. A News Director doesn't have time to do what I do for clients, so make doubly sure your DVDs play easily.

There's no industry standard for DVD burners, so the chances for problems are a lot greater than with old fashioned VHS tapes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good point. I just went through over 100 tapes for a reporter position at my station, and at least 10% of them wouldn't play on my computer. There's nothing more frustrating! Those got junked immediately.

-The Grape said...

Proving you might be the best candidate for the job, but if the ND can't see your work, you're out of the running.